ICS Chairs Group
The ICS Chairs group has a key role in supporting the work of Executive Leaders across the ICS. The group brings together non-executive and clinical chairs of NHS organisations with the elected members who chair the Health and Wellbeing Boards in Suffolk and Essex and chairs of trustees for key local non-statutory sector organisations including Healthwatch and local hospices.
The group meet monthly. As well as providing an important forum for the development of ICS governance, each month the group also review papers that are going to the ICS Partnership Board and provide feedback through two the Chair, Sheila Childerhouse and Vice-chair, Mark Shenton who are also members of the ICS Partnership Board.
A number of non-executive ICS Subgroup Chairs also support the ICS Independent Chair by providing non-executive oversight to sub-groups operating under the ICS Partnership Board.
Members of the ICS Chairs Group
- Sheila Childerhouse, Chair – West Suffolk Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (Chair)
- Will Pope, ICS Independent Chair – Suffolk and North East Essex ICS
- Sarah Howard, Alliance Independent Chair – West Suffolk Alliance
- Cllr. John Spence, Chair – Essex Health and Wellbeing Board
- TBC, Chair – Suffolk Health and Wellbeing Board
- Hasan Chowan, Chair – North East Essex Clinical Commissioning Group
- Mark Shenton, Chair – Ipswich and East Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group
- Christopher Browning, Chair – West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group
- Helen Taylor, Chair – East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- Janet Wood, Deputy Chair – Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Marie Gabriel, Chair – Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
- Alison Wigg, Non-Executive Director – East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- TBC, Chair – Healthwatch Essex
- Wendy Herber, Independent Chair – Healthwatch Suffolk
- Charles Simpson, Chair – St. Nicholas Hospice
- Nigel Pye, Chair – St. Helena Hospice
- Ian Turner, Chair – St. Elizabeth Hospice
- John Pickering, Chair – East Anglian Children’s Hospice